This certificate will prepare learners for diverse leadership roles. Students will discover and develop their personal leadership strengths, identify current challenges from the field and study the characteristics of successful leaders. Through individual and collaborative work, participants will have numerous opportunities to share and reflect on personal leadership experiences, and gain knowledge about the importance of group dynamics, building trust and effective relationships.
Who is this program for?
This program is for individuals interested in a wide array of leadership roles, including administrators, mentors, instructional coaches, facilitators, or coordinators. The design of the program supports the development of practical and theoretical understandings of leadership within a variety of roles and seeks to establish an appreciation for continual learning, reflection and professional leadership growth.
How the program works
This fully online program includes four core certificate courses, each runs for 8 weeks (36 hours each), are taken sequentially and cumulate in a mini-capstone project.
What you will learn
By the completion of this certificate program, students will:
- Demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of leadership dimensions, competencies and values within various leadership frameworks and structures.
- Develop an understanding of the role of trust within the context of relationships, group dynamics, and effective teamwork
- Explore the role and impact leaders have on knowledge mobilization and organizational learning.
- Demonstrate competency when working with multiple sources of data to make informed decisions.
- Critically and creatively address problems within a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrate the effective communication skills needed as a leader
Faculty of Education
These courses are offered by the Faculty of Education, in Partnership with Western Continuing Studies