This certificate will provide an online, interactive learning platform in specialized knowledge and skills for those who are/will be working in early years settings.
Students in the certificate will receive meaningful and sustained learning opportunities that examine their problems of practice in ECE, analyze early years programs and curriculum designing to further help them to understand the ECE field from a holistic perspective.
Who is this program for?
This program is for individuals who are interested in advancing their career, and/or upgrading their learning and professional training in early childhood education.
Teachers, practitioners, staff and administrators in early years settings or college and university graduates would benefit from this additional training.
How the program works
This fully online program includes four core certificate courses (36 hours each) that are taken sequentially and cumulate in a mini-capstone project.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this certificate, students will:
- Advance ECE understanding and professional practices
- Become an critical thinker and creative practitioner in ECE
- Create an inclusive and interactive learning community
- Develop reflective professional knowledge base and practical skills
- Engage in interactive discussions and creative writings
- Facilitate professional connections
- Grasp more than ECE content knowledge but also participate in critical dialogues with colleagues from different fields in ECE and possibly different parts of the world
- Have a holistic and global understating of the ECE field
- Ignite intellectual and professional interest to reach potential in learning and working with young children
Faculty of Education
These courses are offered by the Faculty of Education, in Partnership with Western Continuing Studies