This course builds on the skills, creative techniques, and concepts taught in Introduction to Adobe Illustrator course.
- Advanced techniques for working with paths
- How to manipulate Bezier curves
- How to use transparency and opacity masks, graphic styles, brush effects, symbols, pattern creation, and gradient mesh.
- How to use advanced transformation tools, envelopes, filters, effects, and graphic styles
- Advanced colour, 3D effects, type effects and blending techniques
- Managing colour settings, print specifications, graphic file formats, pre-press production and high-resolution printing
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will have:
- A firm grasp of many of advanced tools and methods available in Adobe Illustrator.
- The ability to use these tools and techniques to produce typographic elements, logos, icons and illustrations
- The skills to layout these elements in context, as a visual identity/product, a double page spread and/or brochure
Completion of the following course or equivalent experience.
Western Continuing Studies has partnered with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses to help increase your creative potential, enhance your creative career or explore new areas of self-expression.