This course will teach you how to apply project management principles in order to successfully manage and complete projects. This course is consistent with a Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) developed by the Project Management Institute and covers all 10 knowledge areas that are included in the PMP certification exam. The course is presented using a hands-on, case study approach which blends theory with practical application.
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
- Apply the principles of Project Management to almost every conceivable area, from clinical research to social housing, from business transformation to construction and from oil exploration to product development
- Perform more effectively in a project environment
- Demonstrate their expertise in the five process groups and ten knowledge areas
- Analyze information in a continuously changing managerial environment
- Appraise and manage a project team in a way that project desired outcomes are produced
- Write and pass the Project Management Professional (PMP) ® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) ® exam
This fast-track option is for motivated individuals who wish to accelerate their learning with a more intense learning experience.
This is a graded course. There is a reasonable amount of work outside the scheduled classes or online classroom. Textbooks are required, and reading will be assigned on a regular basis. Evaluation will be based on any combination of participation in class or online, tests, quizzes and/or assignments.