Communicate, sell and distinguish your organization’s identity. This course will show you how to differentiate your not-for-profit organization from the others with an effective communications strategy. You will learn to write a communications plan, build strong media relations and develop media events. In addition, you will learn to recognize a crisis and build an appropriate crisis communication plan.
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
- Develop strategies to build and manage a powerful brand
- Write a communications plan
- Implement communications policies appropriate to their organization
- Build stronger relationships with media
- Recognize the potential damage of a crisis and how to respond to media
- Incorporate social media in their organization’s communications tool kit
This is an interactive course, which includes lectures, group exercises and discussion.
To complete this course, active participation is required and participants must attend 100% of this course.