Learn current practices, challenges and contexts of managing in the public sector. Explore the differences and similarities between managing in the public sector and private sector, and the interplay between critical organizational processes and management functions.
- Managing at Western University
- Responsibilities of a manager
- Decision-making, planning, organizing, and controlling
- Assessing organization structure, resources and operational process
- Work culture and communication
- Foundations of motivation, team building and managing change
This course is recognized by:
View additional details including learning outcomes, goals and evaluation breakdown.
This course is available to Western employees only.
We recommend that you take this course towards the beginning of the Western CIM program.