This course is designed for students with a good basic knowledge of French who wish to improve their French skills in their field of interest. Focus is on current Canadian topics in Public Administration.
Examples of topics include:
- Role of federal, provincial and municipal governments
- Public finances
- Administration of public services: education, transportation, healthcare
- Management of energy resources and the environment
- National security and defense, diplomacy and foreign affairs
- Bilingualism in Canada’s Public Services
- Careers in Public Administration
What You Will Learn
At the completion of this course, you will:
- Improve comprehension as well as spoken and written French with text, audio and video documents on current Canadian topics in field of study;
- Expand vocabulary in field of study.
What to expect
This course is very interactive. Students are expected to participate actively in the discussion forums on current topics presented in text, audio and video resources. Progress can be tracked with practice exercises for self-assessment in order to monitor acquisition of new vocabulary and material.
French Placement Test
Students must complete an online French Placement Test and achieve a minimum score of 56% to enroll in this course.
The placement test is an online assessment that may be taken from any computer with internet access. The average completion time is approximately 50 minutes.The French Placement Test has listening comprehension components, sound is required on your computer.
Syllabus -- Click here to download