Income Tax Receipt Information
Starting in the 2019 tax year, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires all designated educational institutions, like Western Continuing Studies, to file T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificate forms with the CRA and to make them available to students by February 28, 2020.
To prepare your T2202 form for the 2019 tax year, we require your Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Please update your personal information with your SIN on myWCS, your student portal.
- Login to myWCS
- Under My Profile, update your Personal Information with your SIN
- Click Save
Please note that we cannot accept SIN number submissions via email or phone. You must enter the information online.
NOT A PHISHING EMAIL
If you received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org requesting you to provide your SIN information, we confirm this is a legitimate request for Canada Revenue Agency purposes. Subsection 237 of the Income Tax Act requires that you provide your SIN, upon request, to the individual who prepares the tax information slip.
T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificate Requirements
Non-Credit Courses and Programs
Effective for the 2019 tax year, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires all designated educational institutions in Canada to issue a T2202, Tuition and Enrollment Certificate, for qualifying students enrolled in a specified educational program.
- Enrolled in a specified educational program
- 16 years of age or older
- 12 hours per month spent on courses in a program
Course eligibility (in a specified educational program):
- Course(s) are at least three consecutive weeks in length
- Course hours in a program totals at least 12 hours per month
- Tuition fees paid equal or exceed $100
- Student personally paid the tuition fees. (If your employer or company paid on your behalf or you were reimbursed, you are not eligible to claim your T2202)
*CRA requires educational institutions to collect and submit Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) on the T2202. Students are required to update their myWCS student profile with their SIN in order to obtain a T2202 form.
The T2202A form (Tuition and Education Amounts Certificate) is not issued for courses offered through Western Continuing Studies. Students who have been formally admitted to a post degree program will be issued a T2202A by the University.