Information for the Western community regarding COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Update: March 13, 3:52 pm
Western has canceled classes from Friday, March 13 up-to and including Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
Western Continuing Studies has cancelled all in person classes from Friday, March 13 to April 3, 2020. Courses scheduled between March 13 and April 3 will be rescheduled or moved online.
This step is being taken out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to reduce risk. We want to do our part in the fight against COVID-19 at Western and in London, Middlesex, Ontario and indeed Canada.
As a result:
- In person classes at Western Continuing Studies scheduled between March 13 and April 3 have been canceled and will be rescheduled or moved online.
- Online courses are unaffected and will continue to run as scheduled.
- Workshops scheduled between March 13 and April 3 will be rescheduled, dates to be determined.
Further details will be communicated as the situation evolves. We appreciate your understanding in this extraordinary situation.
Our Virtual Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
How to protect yourself
The Middlesex-London Health Unit recommends the following to stay healthy and to prevent the spread of viruses:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water often, for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve; or cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the garbage.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch objects and surfaces frequently.
We are committed to making our campus a safe and enjoyable place for all.