Green Ink will deepen your creative relationship with the natural world of London, the Forest City. Heighten your awareness and renew your sense of place in nature through personal experiences, inspired readings, wanderings, and wonderings. To hone your writing skills you will observe nature up close and explore the importance of capturing sights, smells, tastes, sounds and experiences. You will review the history of the Canadian wilderness in literature.
Explore and deepen our understanding of our relationship with nature through in-the-field experiences. Optional field trips from wildlife rehab and bird research centres to local woods, ponds and spots along the Thames River where we will take a tour and then work (weather permitting) on an open-air writing exercise. You could also choose to work on a personally important eco-system such as your own balcony or backyard.
- Historical and environmental contexts of nature-writing.
- Importance of nature in fiction.
- The basics of a good piece of writing: snappy lead, confident tone, strong structure that ends with a punch.
- Learn how to write in the active voice and avoid jargon.
- How to give and receive feedback in a supportive environment.
View additional details including learning outcomes, goals and evaluation breakdown.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Professional Certificate in Creative Writing : Elective