Take an introductory look at orthotic systems. Apply this material in PEDS 6103, where there are invaluable opportunities for more involved hands-on, technical training in orthosis fabrication. For best results, participants should be actively involved in PEDS 6103 or have access to a fabrication facility. If this is not available, contact your instructor to assist you in making such arrangements.
- Indications, properties and uses of over the counter and/or custom made orthoses
- Health and safety issues regarding orthoses
- Orthotic raw material and orthoses design
- Custom foot orthoses design and fabrication
Non-diploma students must meet the following criteria to register:
- Completed a minimum of 1500 hours under the supervision of a C. Ped (C)
- Member of the Pedorthic Association of Canada (PAC) - membership number required
- Provide the lab name and contact information for fabrication components
- Complete the assumption of risk
*A supplementary application form will be provided upon registration to confirm minimum requirements.
Are you eligible to take this course?
Complete the Eligibility Checklist (opens August 1 for January 2020)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Pedorthics : Required Courses