Take an introductory look at orthotic systems. Apply this material in PEDS 6103, where there are invaluable opportunities for more involved hands-on, technical training in orthosis fabrication. For best results, participants should be actively involved in PEDS 6103 or have access to a fabrication facility. If this is not available, contact your instructor to assist you in making such arrangements.
- Indications, properties and uses of over the counter and/or custom made orthoses
- Health and safety issues regarding orthoses
- Orthotic raw material and orthoses design
- Custom foot orthoses design and fabrication
Non-diploma students must meet the following criteria to register:
- Completed a minimum of 1500 hours under the supervision of a C. Ped (C)
- Member of the Pedorthic Association of Canada (PAC) - membership number required
- Provide the lab name and contact information for fabrication components
- Complete the assumption of risk
*A supplementary application form will be provided upon registration to confirm minimum requirements.
Are you eligible to take this course?
Complete the Eligibility Checklist (opens August 1, 2020 for January 2021)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Pedorthics : Required Courses