Understand a pedorthic view of footwear and its importance in the overall pedorthic treatment. Explore footwear history and construction, and discuss pedorthic modifications to existing footwear in depth. Learn to fit, analyze and recommend custom footwear.
- Footwear history and how it has resulted in footwear suitable for pedorthic practice
- The importance of appropriate footwear fit
- Pedorthic modifications to footwear
- Unusual shoe wear patterns and their possible solutions
Non-diploma students must meet the following criteria to register:
- Completed a minimum of 1500 hours under the supervision of a C. Ped (C)
- Member of the Pedorthic Association of Canada (PAC) - membership number required
- Provide the lab name and contact information for fabrication components
- Complete the assumption of risk
*A supplementary application form will be provided upon registration to confirm minimum requirements.
Are you eligible to take this course?
Complete the Eligibility Checklist (opens August 1, 2019 for January 2020)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Pedorthics : Required Courses