Explore the role of the neutral mediator and ethical standards that apply to mediation. Understand the mediator as a negotiation facilitator who is disinterested in the outcome of the negotiation. Practice structuring and facilitating mediation sessions, as well as the communication skills and interventions that are required for mediating disputes.
- The purpose and limitations of mediation
- The mediator’s role (including ethical imperatives)
- How to structure and conduct a mediation
- The skills and approaches used to facilitate problem-solving and achieve the settlement
If you wish to mediate conflicts within your own organization, we recommend Non-Neutral Mediation.
This course is eligible for Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) micro-credential funding. Find out if you are eligible.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Professional Certificate in Conflict Management : Elective Courses