Part 1: Sparking Creativity and Engagement
Learn innovative strategies to generate ideas, recommendations, and solutions for challenges and opportunities facing your organization or community.
- Uncover what engagement is really about
- Skills you need to facilitate engagement
- Effective design and facilitation of engagement activities
- Tools to solicit broader input and feedback
Part 2: Problem-Solving, Decision-Making and Creativity
Inspire others to develop and exercise innovation and creativity in problem-solving: an essential skill in today’s fast-paced and complex world. Understand why people make the decisions they do and what the key drivers are in order to begin to develop strategies that will uncover the innovation and creativity within your organization.
- How leaders use different problem solving and decision making modes
- Choosing and using a variety of tools appropriate to different situations
- Barriers to good decision making and problem solving
Part 3: Design Thinking
Explore a human-centered design method for tackling innovation challenges and creating customer-driven solutions.
You will learn about and engage in hands-on design thinking activities useful to drive different types of innovation and entrepreneurship — whether social, commercial, technical, or creative in nature.
- Flexible, transferable, collaborative methods and tools for approaching problems in creative ways.
- Create mind-maps, engage in rapid prototyping, practice pitching, and take away templates to use at work
- Practice generating many ideas quickly, to prototype the best of them, and to consider how to iterate and refine the solution based on user feedback
This course is delivered on Western's main campus for Western employees.
Western Human Resources has pre-approved this course for Advanced Funding for eligible Western employees. This means you will not have to personally provide payment and seek reimbursement.
Come prepared to share your experiences, opinions and perspectives with the class.
All that is required is a strong desire to succeed and a willingness to learn and apply yourself.
Participants must attend all 4.5 days of training.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Innovative Thinking : Required