As an effective leader, one of your primary roles is to help others develop their skills in critical thinking, finding and implementing creative solutions, and assuming responsibility. This course introduces the Leader’s Tool Box, which is packed with ideas to develop your skills in:
- Understanding the basic building blocks of effective leadership - leader traits and capabilities.
- Influencing and moulding individual behaviour and group interaction - the use of power.
- Creating win-win interactions in one-on-one leadership scenarios.
- Working through resistance to produce positive organizational outcomes.
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
- Define what constitutes leadership; both conceptually and behaviorally
- Distinguish between the traits of an effective leader and one much less effective
- Convert these traits into a set of behaviors that they can commit to learn and implement over the next several months
- Utilize active listening skills to enhance leadership effectiveness
- Reduce defensiveness and enhance supportive behaviors in their leadership activities
- Develop more open relationships with their followers and others with whom they interact
- Utilize the sources of power that will likely enhance their ability to positively influence subordinate motivation and behaviour
This is an interactive course, which includes lectures, group exercises and discussion.
Please come to this course prepared to share your experiences, opinions and perspectives with the class.