Communication is one of the most powerful - and most overlooked - tools a leader needs. In fact, communication is at the very heart of leadership. Effective leaders understand the subtleties of communication and are able to adapt their styles to meet different demands and situations. This module will enable you to explore and develop your own communication styles and learn how to flexibly apply them in different contexts.
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of communication competency for leaders;
- Identify his/her personal communication style and approach, including strengths and areas to improve;
- Describe various types of organizational communication;
- Select appropriate communication tools and skills for a variety of situations;
- Adapt communications approaches to suit varied audiences; and,
- Select media to aid in communicating values and ideas.
This is an interactive course, which includes lectures, group exercises and discussion.
Please come to this course prepared to share your experiences, opinions and perspectives with the class.