This course uses a case study approach to engage students in examining and discussing a broad range of business situations where analysis and decision-making are required. Emphasis is placed on management’s function to make decisions in relation to finance, marketing, operations, organizational behaviour and general management.
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
- Canvas the responsibilities of a manager
- Explore the importance of good leadership skill and business ethics
- Learn practical skills in the management functions of decision-making, planning, organizing, and controlling
- Assess organization structure, resources and operational process
- Understand the importance of managing work culture and communication
- Discuss the foundations of motivation, team building and managing change
This course is offered in class and online. There is a reasonable amount of work involved outside the classroom. Textbooks are required, and reading will be assigned on a regular basis.
If you choose to take this course online you should plan to log into your course regularly throughout the week.
Please come to this course prepared to share your experiences, opinions and perspectives with the class.