Strategic communication planning is a crucial aspect of public relations functions. This course provides you with the knowledge, skills and tools required for designing effective communication plans. This course focuses on developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans that fit the mission and align with the goals of an organization. This course will be especially helpful to those working outside of the field of communications and public relations.
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
- Think strategically as a communicator
- Understand the fundamentals of building and implementing a strategic communications plan
- Define the steps required in the strategic communications planning process
- Understand how to integrate results-based communications
- Understand the importance of positioning, messaging, branding and linking a communications plan their organization’s mission and vision
- How to monitor and evaluate a strategic communications plan
This is an interactive course, which includes lectures, group exercises and discussion.
Please come to this course prepared to share your experiences, opinions and perspectives with the class.