The philosophy of the Leadership Program is that the role of a leader is diverse. Leaders exist at all levels of an organization and in many different roles. Effective leadership requires a leader to be a strategic thinker, manager, motivator, team member, mentor and visionary at specific times and according to circumstances and to understand the difference.
Who is this program for?
The Leadership Program is for YOU!
Individuals who want to be on a progressive career track toward establishing a leadership role in their organizations and their lives will benefit from the essential competencies developed in this program. The program is designed to enable you to build on your existing personal and professional knowledge, understanding and skills in making the transition to leadership.
What you will learn
Using a highly interactive, participatory approach, the Leadership Program will enable you to:
- Explore and discuss different strategies and theories of leadership.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your own approaches to leadership and how these approaches will change as you progress through the program.
- Understand the key role that developing and communicating vision plays in motivating others.
- Develop your understanding of the skills needed for selecting, leading and developing teams.
- Practice your skills in dealing with conflict and resistance.
- Explore and develop your understanding and skills in helping others to achieve success.
- Build confidence in developing shared goals and empowering others.
- Understand how to align vision and strategy with a view to initiating and sustaining organizational and personal change.
How the program works
There are two levels in the Leadership Program. The first level is called the Professional Certificate in Leadership and consists of three required courses and four elective courses. The courses are designed to enable you to build the skills and develop the insights required for effective leadership at any level of the organization. While each of the courses stands alone as an important learning tool, completion of the courses in each level provides you with a ‘building block’ approach to leadership success - skills you develop in one course are easily transferred and honed in subsequent courses. Students wishing to develop more advanced leadership competencies can take an additional five courses and obtain the Advanced Professional Certificate in Leadership.