Learn the important principles of professionalism, patient, health care provider, and third-party communication and confidentiality. This cased-based course will introduce the Pedorthic Association of Canada and the College of Pedorthics of Canada as students explore ethical conflicts and resolutions and understand how they impact the pedorthic practice.
- Limits of the C. Ped (C) scope of practice and how pedorthics fits within the health care model of Canada.
- Introduction to pedorthic lab and public health safety measures
- Fundamentals of clinical assessment, footwear, and foot orthoses
- The biopsychosocial model of pain and custom footwear within the C. Ped (C) scope of practice
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Pedorthics : Required Courses